Friday, October 17, 2008

~My Husband Rocks!~ Friday


My wonderful husband rocks because even though yesterday was his birthday, he put his own feelings and wants aside and was there for me. A phenomenal lady who was my friend and colleague died this week, and yesterday was her funeral. Such a beautiful ceremony! Chris took half of the day off to go with me. I can't tell you what it meant to me to have him sitting there next to me and to feel that strong arm around my shoulders. What a comfort! I honestly don't know how I would have handled it without him.

To add to that, he also had to work really late last night and didn't get home until both Willow Grace and I were in bed. Not much of a birthday. At least there were presents, 3 cards (I just couldn't choose!), and a nice breakfast yesterday morning since neither of us went to work before the funeral. Still, I will find a way to make it all up to him. He deserves a crazy-good birthday for how good he's been to me.

Oh, he also rocks because he's so cute, and I love how we match with our blue and black in this picture!

3 comments:

katylinvw said...

awwww . . . :) sorry to hear about your friend - i hope you guys have a restful weekend together :)

Jamie {See Jamie blog} said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful guy. And I'm sorry for your loss.

Christy said...

Sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderfully sweet guy! I hope you have a nice weekend! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Yours is awesome!