Friday, October 10, 2008

~My Husband Rocks!~ Friday

Sometimes my mind is overwhelmed with the realization that God blessed me so completely with my husband. Before we started dating I told others that there was no way that we'd ever end up together. I was not interested in him romantically, and I really couldn't see us ever being compatible. How limited my view was then! I'm so thankful that God saw more than I could and gently nudged us towards each other. We were friends for three years before we started dating, and we didn't really mean to start dating. It just sort of happened "accidentally." Of course, it was no accident; God knew what he was doing. Chris and I really do complete one another. "And the two shall become one." We were two whole people before we met, and somehow one plus one came to equal one. Even after three years we are giddily in love with one another.

Chris rocks because he married me which brought both of us so much happiness and because, while he is not perfect, he is perfect for me.

I love you, my wonderful Chris!

6 comments:

katylinvw said...

God is awesome! Chris is awesome! you're awesome! - thanks for such a sweet post! :)

Jill said...

What a sweet story. God's surprises are usually the best ones.

Mom2fur said...

Hi, Kay-Kay! (Cute name, btw!) Thanks for visiting me. You put it perfectly! I told Mike the other day that if we were both starting out fresh, and used one of those on-line dating services, we would never, ever be matched up. I'm right-brained, creative, messy and somewhat scattered. He's left-brained, analytical, a clean freak and sticks to one job until it's done. And yet, we are two halves of a whole. He even draws two half people on every card he gives me, and says I am his 'other half.' It sure sounds like you and Chris are two halves of a whole, too!

Schotzy said...

AW! That is such a touching, real story. I love it, and your grace and wondrous manner in relating it is so inspiring. I wish all yung couples could share in its telling! Thanks so much for sharing! Blessings! Carolyn

UtahJenny said...

This is why I love the Friday activity - it's so inspiring to us all! My husband and I had to be nudged toward each other, too - about 7 years worth. He's definitely my match! Thanks for your sweet sharing!

Dusty (To the Moon and Back) said...

Isn't it funny how things like this happen? When I first met my hubby, I couldnt' stand him! I even told him all the reasons why I would absolutely never date him! Guess God made me put my foot in my mouth! lol.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!