Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Rain and McCain

Isaiah 44:3
"For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessing on your descendants." (NKJV)

There are two significant events happening in Nashville today. First of all, it's raining! It's been so long since we've seen rain; I'd almost forgotten what it looked like to see water falling from the sky. The rain is only supposed to be here for one day; how I wish we could have more!

The other significant event, of course, is the presidential debate at Belmont University. Being that there is no shortage of coverage on this event and renderings of opinion, I'm going to refrain, for now, from using this blog to issue my own thoughts on our political happenings. Perhaps I will feel differently after the debate. We shall see....

However, I do fully plan on posting a pic of myself and "McCain" at the end of the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw the motorcade of both of the presential hopefuls from my window @ work. I think they stayed @ Lowe's Vanderbilt - next door to where I work. pretty cool. I'm enjoying shelfari. tx so much for inviting me. I should be reading boring law school books, but just can't help myself sometimes. :-) -Christina