Monday, October 13, 2008

Must Be a Cruel Joke

This is what I just keep thinking. “I just can’t believe it. It must be a cruel joke.” For the last 24 hours, I’ve been trying to wrap my mind around the fact that my co-worker, my friend, died on Saturday. She was on her way to Chattanooga to help her daughter plan her December wedding, and she pulled off at a rest stop because of a headache and ended up having an aneurism. She was found unconscious, life-flighted to Nashville, had an operation, and died. Those are the facts. While I can rattle them off; somehow those words have very little meaning for me.

I found out last night as I was cleaning our house for community group, and I just couldn’t deal with it. My mind keeps rejecting the idea. She is such a vibrant, colorful woman; and the world has just gotten a little bit darker. We won’t have school on Thursday so that we can all go to the service. Maybe by then this will all become a little more real for me.

No comments: