Monday, October 06, 2008

The Elusive Snooze

While I don't wish to sleep for 100 years like dear Aurora from Sleeping Beauty, I would like a few more hours. I am sleep deprived today.

I'm operating on somewhere between 2-3 hours of sleep. Willow Grace woke up around 11:30 and decided it was party time. She didn't go back down until around 4. Chris and I kept trying to trade off and find ways to get her to sleep, but nothing worked. Even when he had her and I was in bed, I could not sleep. We rocked her, paced around, gave her a bottle, changed her diaper, played lullabies, prayed, and put on one of her Praise Baby DVDs. These usually calm her and often help her to drift off, however, she was just wide-eyed and ready for fun. She actually stood in her bed for about 1 1/2-2 hours watching Praise Baby, which was on a continuous loop. Finally, she laid down to watch and ended up drifting off to sleep, but I was a bit revved up and could not drift off. When I did, I had bizarre dreams that kept waking me back up! Oh, well. Bring on the caffeine!

By the way, the special, deluxe edition of Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty comes out tomorrow on DVD. I love Disney movies; this will definitely make my Christmas wish list this year.

No comments: