Monday, August 25, 2008

Tragic

I find myself in a state of mixed sadness, anger, and confusion this morning. We have lost another person to suicide; my friend’s best friend took his life. I’m sure you can imagine the pain she is now experiencing. There was no warning, no reason given for this. I have about a thousand thoughts and feelings whipping around in my brain. I’m not going to go into all of that right now.

This is what I want you to know, what we all need to be reminded of:

You are loved. You are needed. Your life has purpose. Your life matters. We need you here. No matter what you are going through, no matter what you have done or what has been done to you, God has everything you need to cope with and overcome it, whether it’s strength, love, courage, comfort, understanding, forgiveness, patience, or whatever. Don’t suffer alone. Don’t try to fight alone. He put us here on this earth so that we could stand together. He gave us His Son and the Holy Spirit. We are not alone.

Please pray for me as I minister to my friend.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh, Kay! I am so sorry to hear of this.

I'm so glad you are there for your friend.

Someone close to me in my family ended his own life (while I was a junior in college, no less) -- and it brought about some of my life's very darkest moments. Had it not been for some very caring professors/friends, I don't know what would have happened.

Thanks for sharing -- keep us posted. I'll be praying...