Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Wish....

For the last two days I've been staring at a lighted sign on the wall to the left of my desk. Spelled out in white twinkle lights are the words "I Wish..." Tonight and Saturday the high school fine arts students will be performing the musical Into the Woods. Have you seen it? It's a hodge podge of different fairy tales (Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Jack & the Beanstalk, etc.) all coming together in crazy ways. All of the characters are wishing for different things which eventually come true but have unexpected consequences. It really makes you think about the old adage, "Be careful what you wish for."

What do I wish for? I have so, so many. Here's just a few:

Normal wishes:
-to grow closer to God & help others to do the same
-to have more time with my family
-to be healthy and fit
-to have more children

BIG wishes:
-to have enough money to take care of my whole family, not just Chris & Willow Grace but also our parents & siblings' families
-to own our own large farm on which we can run a camp

I could keep going. I have so many dreams. It makes me think of a quote from Clint Eastwood in The Bridges of Madison County. He said, "The old dreams were good dreams. They didn't work out, but I had them." Keep wishing. Keep dreaming. Some of them do come true.

What do you wish for?

No comments: