Friday, September 19, 2008

~My Husband Rocks!~Friday

“What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man! Yes, he is!”

Do you remember that song by En Vogue and Salt ‘n Pepa? Well, it certainly applies to my Chris. He has been amazing this week. While I could gush on and on, I will limit myself to three reasons why my husband rocked this week:

1. Support: On Saturday night, I had a very unpleasant disagreement with someone. First, I’m so grateful that Chris was there and stood by me; otherwise, it would have been much worse. Second, I am so proud of him for holding his tongue and letting me deal with it instead of defending me like he wanted to do, which would have taken it to a whole new level of bad.

2. Understanding/Laughter: Saturday was also our daughter’s first night away from home. Since our plans were going to keep us out late, we decided to let Willow Grace sleep over at his parents’ house. While we knew she would be just fine, it was still hard for us with this first separation. Seeming to take no thought for himself, he spent his time listening to me and doing all sorts of things to make me laugh hysterically.

3. Care Giver: On Tuesday night, I had a migraine. Without hesitation, Chris snapped into action. He took care of me (warming the Bed Buddy, getting my cold face mask, and making me go to bed early), the baby (put on her pj’s, read her some books, gave her a bottle, and rocked her to sleep), and the house (cleaned the kitchen, cleared all the toys off the living room floor, and set up my work out equipment for the morning).

Because his name, Christopher Reed, is so closely related to another Superman, the famous Christopher Reeves, he was given that title by some of his friends in high school. To me, he is Superman – super husband, super father, super friend.

4 comments:

katylinvw said...

what a great guy! he sounds wonderful! :) thanks for sharing!

Gombojav Tribe said...

How sweet!

Debra Kaye said...

How awesome! I enjoyed reading this so much. Thanks for stopping by and visiting with me.

Blessings to you today!

A happy heart at home said...

That is so great!

Thanks for commenting on my MHR.

~Susan