Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Working Out in my Sleep

Sunday night/Monday morning I awoke at 1 AM and wasn’t able to go back to sleep, part of that due to the fact that Willow Grace had decided she needed to be up for a while in the middle of the night. After endless rocking, a late night bottle, and listening to an entire lullaby CD, she finally consented to go back to sleep. No, she did not just drift off; it was hard fought. And I just could not go back to sleep afterwards. However, I did manage to still rise early and slug through my work out before starting the rest of my day (a fact I am very proud of). I stumbled, zombie-like through the rest of my day and couldn’t manage to eek any fresh thoughts out of my numb brain –thus, no new post. I went to bed at 9 last night in an attempt to make up for the lost sleep and actually slept all night! Yea!

Speaking of working out, each morning while Willow Grace and Chris slumber peacefully, I am down in the living room by 4:45 working up a sweat. I actually really enjoy working out and don’t mind getting up early in order to get it done; there’s no time to do it later in the day. I told Mom that my plan is to get in really good shape by next summer so that I can get “knocked up” again. Ha! You should have seen the look on her face when I said that; I’m normally not that crude, but it’s fun to throw things like that out every once in a while just to see how she’ll react! Anyway, I’m punching up my routine a bit. I’m substituting the Pilates workout I’ve been doing for The Firm, which is much more strenuous and adds weights.

This will be my new schedule:
Monday: The Firm: Total Body Sculpt
Tuesday: Hip Hop Abs: Hips, Buns, and Thighs
Wednesday: The Firm: Total Body Sculpt
Thursday: Hip Hop Abs: Fat Burning Cardio
Friday: Hip Hop Abs: Total Body Burn

This morning was the first time I’ve done The Firm workout since before I found out that I was pregnant with Willow Grace. Whoa! It really kicked my butt! (And I love it!) Of course, it did throw me off my schedule. When I emerged from my shower, I found that I only had three minutes before I was supposed to be in the car! In five minutes I dressed, applied make-up, put on my shoes and jewelry, and was out the door! I don’t know how I did it. Talk about a mad dash!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am sooo proud of you for working out. I am getting up super early too every morning to walk and now to study so it's nice to know that you are up too!! Great picture of you and Willow. you guys have to be the cutest titans fans every!!! -Christina