Sunday, September 28, 2008

Song of the Morning Dove

Mom has an interesting clock in her kitchen. Each hour is represented by a picture of a bird, and that bird’s trill of a song plays out instead of a chime when his hours is struck. The seventh hour is marked by the song of the morning dove, which has a light, harmonious quality.

(In this picture, I have less than ten precious minutes left before I have to rush off to work. )

I try to make it to Mom’s house by 6:45 each morning to drop off Willow Grace. That gives me 15 minutes before I have to leave to make it through traffic and get to work by 7:30. What a precious 15 minutes! How fast it always goes! After I walk in the door, I’m busily talking with Mom, unpacking Willow Grace’s breakfast and bottles, and coaxing giggles from my little darling. Most mornings I get lost in the mini-visit and can’t believe that the time has zipped by so fast when I hear the morning dove. However, there are those mornings when tension seems to creep into my very bones while I await that little melody. As soon as I hear those dreaded notes, I gather my little girl in my arms and request a last kiss, which she sweetly gives. Then I pass her off to Mom, grab my purse and keys, and head out the front door while constantly looking back to wave bye-bye and hoping to see that chubby little hand waving back.


(This was taken just before I headed on the door from dropping Willow Grace off on Friday.)


While I miss my sweet girl so much each day, I do want to say that I am so thankful for my job, and I know it’s where God wants me. I am also thankful that Willow Grace gets to spend her days with, truly, two of the most amazing women on earth – my mom and my mother-in-law (on Wednesdays). We are amazingly blessed to have them in our lives.

Oh, and tomorrow, I actually get to take my little angel to work with me! We have inservice, and I don't have any meetings, so they're letting her spend the day with me. What an amazing gift!

No comments: