Friday, September 05, 2008

My Husband Rocks!

Last Friday, I secretly ordered t-shirts from From Me Tees, one for me and one for my husband; I love that they refund your shipping on Fridays if you mention Katy Lin's blog and the My Husband Rocks meme. (Here is the one I ordered for Chris, and this is mine.)I was so excited when they arrived this week and couldn’t wait to show Chris his. At the same time I was a little worried that he might think it was cheesy, but he didn’t! He loved it and later told me, “My wife rocks because she bought me this t-shirt!” So cool! (I’m sorry that I don’t have a picture of us in our t’s, but I’ll try to post one later.) Today we got to wear jeans to work, and I wore my t. So many people have asked me questions about it, and I love telling them all about it.

Now, on to why Chris rocks…. I love that he loves to read as much as I do. We love strolling through bookstores, and last week we spent far more money than we meant to on books, but we've enjoyed lying next to each other each night and reading our books (although he always stays up later than me). As part of our first date over four years ago, we went to a bookstore, and it's continued to be something we enjoy doing together.

And one more reason he rocks.... Every night we spend time playing with Willow Grace in the living room, and her toys end up scattered all over. While I get her ready for bed, Chris always clears up all the toys so that the space will be clear for my morning work out. He loves doing stuff for me and is so loving towards his family. He’s always ready to help out a relative, friend or neighbor. I love his servant’s heart!

4 comments:

Kathy C. said...

That's neat about the T-shirts, I want one, but I'm not too sure about the Hubbins wearing one, lol, he may just pass that up. :)
How sweet that your husband helps out, it's sad, but there are so many hubby's that wouldn't do that little bit of cleaning up that means so much. :)
Blessings.

A happy heart at home said...

What a sweet post! Those t-shirts are great. My husband and I love books and bookstores, too, and we enjoy just sitting on the couch together, reading.

~Susan

Shastopher said...

In all honesty, she doesn't like to sit next to me and read because I devour books like a hungry predator. I read through the whole Stephenie Meyer Series in a weekend. I'm going back now and listening to the audio books and highly recommend any avid bibliophile to either pick them up or check them out.

Rachel's Journal Pages said...

Oh he is so sweet! My husband and I love to read aswell and often spend evenings in bed together - side by side - reading our novels. He also falls asleep after me too :) Thanks for your comment on my post.