Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Ah, Labor Day!


Every August, as we start up a new school year, I look a few weeks ahead and start to anxiously anticipate that day off and blessing of a four day work week. This year Chris and I intentionally made no plans. As we had spent all day Saturday cleaning our house in anticipation of our dinner guests Saturday night (Burger Night with our community group-couldn’t have gone better, love those guys), our house was still relatively tidy, so that wasn’t pressing on our minds. Instead, we spent the entire morning lounging in our pajamas. What bliss! I cooked breakfast, played with Willow Grace, and then settled in for a nap on the loveseat with her. Chris snapped this shot while we were all snuggled up.

Chris titled the above picture “Sleeping Angels” when he emailed it to me. Sweet, huh? The nickname he most often uses for me, other than Kay-Kay (which is what my family & close friends often call me), is Angel. I have to tell you I love it when he calls me that. Let me tell you a little secret: If he really wanted me to do something for him, even if I was mad at him, all he’d have to do it call me Angel, and it would melt my heart and compel me do whatever he asked. The really cool thing about that is that even armed with this information, he would never use it to his advantage. But wait! It’s Monday; I need to save some of my bragging on him for Friday!

Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys look adorable!!! -Christina