Thursday, March 16, 2006

Sleepy Kay

I didn't sleep at all last night. And I do mean not at all. The doctor prescribed me a new medicine for the migraines yesterday, and it kept me up all night. My heart was racing! I don't think I'll be taking that anymore, which could also be good financially being that it was terribly expensive. Can you get refunds on prescriptions? I wouldn't think that you could, but it certainly would be helpful. Anyway, I was tossing and turning so much that I had to go to the couch so that I could keep from waking Chris up. I thought about reading or watching TV, but I didn't want to get interested in anything and cause my brain to be more engaged and keep me awake. So I just lay on the couch praying that I would go to sleep. Still, sleep completely escaped me.

I'm actually at work right now, but I'm all caught up. Everything is graded and recorded; lesson plans have been made; documents have been typed. In short, it's done. They're actually letting me leave here early today to go home to see if I can get a little sleep. I'll teach my last class and leave here around 12:45. I can't wait to go home. I keep daydreaming about crawling into bed, slipping a sleep mask over my eyes, and drifting off.

Tonight Chris and I are supposed to go over to his parents' house for dinner. I'm really looking forward to it; I don't think we've seen them in a few weeks. Life has just been crazy busy. I haven't seen my mom in a while either; Dad stops by the school every Tuesday, so I get to visit with him at least once a week. But I have Spring Break starting tomorrow (Woo-hoo!), so I should have a little time to spend with my loved ones. I'm staying home for break and plan to do some spring cleaning. It will be so nice to get my apartment in order. Chris actually told me not to clean this week since I am planning a major overhaul next week. I guess I don't have to tell you that I quickly agreed to that. Other than the basic of laundry and dishes, I've done very little in the cleaning department this week.

Other than cleaning I'm bringing home about six Civil War documentaries from the library to watch in order to see if any of them will work for class. As excited as I am to have a clean house and as much as love studying about the Civill War, those things hardly count as real spring break fun. However, we're low on the funds, so we can't really afford to do much. I do hope that we can manage to go out once, even if it's just for bowling or something like that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry the medicine didn't work out for you. I guess that means yet another trip to the doctor.

What's the big overhaul you have planned for your apartment, or do you just mean major spring cleaning?

Have a good Spring Break!!

Anonymous said...

I hope we get to spend some quality time together on your break.
I have some major spring cleaning to do myself. I'm really looking forward to clearing everything out.
I enjoyed our visit today:)
See you soon