Saturday, March 25, 2006

Moving

I’m not moving though I seriously wish that I were. My sister and her husband are moving this weekend, and so are my friend and her husband who live across the hall. While I am thrilled for both of those couples, I still cannot help but wish that I had a new house to go to. I am grateful for our little apartment, and I suppose that one day I will look back on my first days with Chris here with nostalgia. However, there are so many things about this apartment that just don’t work for us. Instead of lamenting (too much) over what I don’t have, Chris and I are praying for a new place to call home soon.

Seriously, I think that if we didn’t have Bella we’d be somewhat happier in this apartment, but we do have her.

Though others have suggested that we get rid of her, she’s here to stay. We just love her too much. We actually got her while we were still just dating and have now had her for almost two years. Chris lived in an apartment downstairs from me at that time, and it was easy to share co-ownership of her. There were times while we were dating that I wondered who would end up with her should we break up, but we stayed together and never had to face that awful decision. Bella needs a yard and just more space in general.

Chris and I need more space. Half of our kitchen supplies and basic décor is in storage at his parents’ house. I’d love at least to have the crock pot here, but I don’t have a place for it. When I finally have a house and get to retrieve all of my stuff, it’ll be like Christmas morning or like going through one of those amazing bridal showers all over again. At least this time I won’t be worried about thank you notes; thankfully, those are behind me. I told Chris that I didn’t want to have a baby too soon because I know that I will have to go through writing a bunch of thank you notes again. I don’t want to sound ungrateful, but it is quite a chore. I always feel like I need to make each note as special as possible. I don’t want them to sound too formulated, so it takes me quite a while to get them done.

I’m going to go and get Chris and the boys off of the couch, away from the video games, and out of the house!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really do need more space. I feel for you. I've been doing this apartment thing with Matt and 2 dogs for 2 years now, and I know how old it gets. Don't worry, your little house will come soon enough. It'll be nice when I can get a lot of my stuff from Mom and Dad's. I have both of those closets full of stuff and some in the attic. It'll be a nice treat to get it all back.
I understand you not wanting to get rid of Bella. She is huge, and it would be logical to get rid of her, but who would choose logic over love?

Anonymous said...

You and Chris are going to have a awesome house.I just know it.It will happen at the right time.
I can't imagine what it would be like sharing a small apartment with such a large dog.I'm sure she gets under foot at times.
I would never get rid of her.I don't like the sound of those words "get rid of".Thats what you do with something useless.Bella is a sweetie.
Hope your having fun with the boys.

Anonymous said...

Get rid of Bella? Yeah right. My little annoyance ain't going nowhere. At a little over 80 lbs. she's a bundle of energy ... now if I could just get her to stop using my arm as a chew toy.