Saturday, March 11, 2006

Saturday’s alright for fighting.

I’m not really fighting anyone, unless this migraine counts. It’s been a busy and tiring week. I had three doctor appointments, and we still don’t quite know what’s going on with me. I have one at the Headache Clinic next week, and then the week after I go in for a full physical. I’ve been to see some type of doctor every week for the past month, and I’m so tired of going. This is the second or third migraine I’ve had this week. Right now it’s a dull roar, so I can manage to write this blog, check other blogs, and read my e-mail. Then I’m headed back to the couch to rest for a bit.

One of my appointments was at the eye doctor. We had to rule out my eyes as being a cause for the migraines. It turns out that while they don’t seem to the culprit, I did have to get glasses. I will mostly have to wear them for night driving, though it wouldn’t hurt to wear them other times. I’ve never worn glasses before, other than a wide array of sunglasses. I can barely handle being outside during the day without sunglasses, even when it’s overcast. It’s just so bright to me; I’m definitely light sensitive. I love low lighting and would get rid of those atrocious florescent lights in my classroom if I could. Anyway, at least my frames are cute and make me look smart.

It’s Saturday and like most Saturdays I am alone at home. Well, Bella is here, and I am quite thankful for her company. However, Chris is gone. He had an appointment for work, and then he had to go work on our white Rover. A few weeks ago, we were a two Rover family, but then both of them went down. In all likelihood, we will never get our black one back. Hopefully we’ll get the white Rover back today. In the mean time, we’ve been driving borrowed cars. I’ve been driving a little Chevy pickup, and Chris has been in this tiny convertible. I know he’s anxious to be higher up from the ground. While this is really not what we would have chosen, we are grateful to be able to get around, thanks to both of our dads.

OK, nap time. Perhaps next time I write it will be with less pain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're having so many migraines. I hope one of these doctors is able to get to the bottom of what's causing them soon.

Anonymous said...

I'm not a big fan of doctor visits either. I don't hate them though. I do hate migraines. They SUCK eggs! Even though they havn't found the problem, I'm glad everything else has turned out good. I hope you feel well tomorrow. I'll see you at church.