Friday, March 24, 2006

Slacker!

Yeah, so I know that I haven’t written all week. But I’ve been on Spring Break. It doesn’t matter that I didn’t really go anywhere; I’ve just been taking a break from the norm. This week I haven’t gotten up early, exercised, or worried about work. I did thoroughly clean my humble apartment and spend time with Chris, and that had made for a lovely break.

I can’t believe that my break is almost over. I remember thinking at the beginning of the week that I was planning on taking everything slowly so that I could truly enjoy my vacation time. I feel like I was really living in the moment, and yet here I am near the end wondering how if flew by so fast. Why is it that the older one gets the faster everything seems to go?

By the way, in case you’re wondering about how all the doctors’ appointments have turned out, all of the tests have come back normal. There doesn’t seem to be any conclusive evidence for why I’ve been feeling the way that I have. So, I’m loading up on the vitamins, and I’m attacking all of my symptoms as naturally as I can. We’ll see how that works. It is interesting to me that I’ve felt better this week than I have in a long time. Maybe it has something to do with my stress level, or it could be that I’m allergic to something at work. Maybe I’m allergic to work in general! Nah, I enjoy my work; that couldn’t be it.

Today Mom and I journeyed to Fort Knox to pick up two little vagabonds, my nephews, Brent and Seth. Chris and I are keeping them for the weekend, and we couldn’t be more thrilled. Almost every weekend we comment to each other that we wish that we could have “the boys” here. The cool thing is that they will be staying with my parents during the week for their Spring Break, so we’ll get to see them all week. Having them here is really fun for Chris because he has video game companions. I’m terrible at video games and lose interest pretty quickly. The three of them can play all day long, and all I have to do is make sure that they stop every once in a while to scarf down some food before returning to their play. Of course I am hoping to get us all out of the house a bit this weekend. It’s too bad that our nephews don’t live closer to us; we’d have them over so much more often. I guess we’re going to have to have some kids of our own sometime soon!

Chris is in the kitchen fixing filet mignon and corn on the cob on the grill. He’s a great man at the grill. Speaking of what a wonderful cook I have… yesterday I was supposed to bake a birthday cake for one of our friends, but I ran out of time. So, Chris volunteered to do it for me today while I went to get the boys. All I had to do when I got home was decorate it. Can you believe that he did that for me? Color me grateful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a blessed life Kay and a sweet husband.Hope ya'll have a fun weekend with Brent & Seth.It was a fun road trip, wasn't it?

Anonymous said...

It's great that Chris can cook. Matt is wonderful in the kitchen, however, he tried the cake thing once for my birthday. Sweet, but boy was that cake ugly! It tasted great, but it was just a mess!

I have to admit that I'm jealous that you get to have the boys this weekend. I miss them so much. I wish their Spring Break was next weekend that way I could have them for part of it after we move. Oh well, maybe on one of their next holidays.