Monday, March 27, 2006

Singing in the Rain

Tonight Chris and I went for a walk around the neighborhood and got caught in a little rain. It was really not enough to get us wet, but I still wondered if we were crazy to go walking on such a night. Neither one of us really expected it to start raining, so I guess we’re not really that crazy. The thing is that contrary to my title we didn’t sing in the rain. I thought about it and almost asked him if he would like to sing. So, even though I didn’t do it; it’s the thought that matters, right?

Lately it seems that there are so many issues that seek to congest the highways of my mind. I keep looking for a way out of the madness, but things just get more and more backed up. Walking and talking with Chris did me a world of good. I need to be reminded that things are going to work out and that I am loved. Don’t we all need that?

I went back to work today after my blessedly uneventful spring break. It was quite strange to be there, but of course I feel easily back into my routine. I enjoy being around the students and the people I work with. Everyone was animatedly telling their vacation stories; the children kept trying to one up one another with crazy and interesting things that happened on their trips; they went on cruises, skiing, to the beach, and to Italy. I was quite entertained with their delightfully retelling of trying out the black diamond slopes, visiting the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel, and enjoying time with their families in Florida. While I laughed at their stories and lamented the fact that I have gone so long without feeling the sand between my toes, I still loved the fact that this year I didn’t need a vacation to recover from my vacation.

It’s going to be an early night for me. I only had about three hours of sleep last night, so I plan to go to bed early tonight to catch up a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's why we're together, love, where I can remind you that things aren't always as dark as they seem and that I love you bunches and bunches and bunches and bunches and bunches ...