Friday, January 16, 2009

My Husband Rocks! Friday

This week's prompt from Katy Lin at the great adventure is a two parter.

Part 1: List at least one thing your husband did or said in the past week that reminded you why you love him.

I can't just pick one thing! He tells me multiple times every day that he loves me. He's always willing to help me out. Just last night he happily (and without being asked) did the bedtime routine with Willow Grace and cleaned up downstairs while I busied myself with getting the packing started for our little weekend getaway. This morning it was 2 degrees outside! He went out to warm the car up for Willow Grace and me and drove it around a bit to make sure that it was nice and cozy for us!

The three of us are going away to Gatlinburg for the weekend, and I just can't wait. We're not doing anything touristy -- just hanging out in our villa, watching movies, cooking food, playing with Willow Grace, and sleeping. It'll just be so nice to get away. I love traveling with my Sweetheart!

Part 2: Share a "Generous Wife Tip" (based on The Generous Wife)

One thing I do for my husband is to make his lunch every morning. He's a simple sandwich and chips kind of guy, but I try to add a special piece of candy or homemade cookies when I can. Every once in a while I'll add a little love note. He always tells me how much he loves my notes. One of the great things about making his lunches for him is that it not only shows him how much I love him but also saves us lots of cash which is another way I help to take care of our family and show him I love him.

4 comments:

katylinvw said...

what a catch you have there :) hope you guys have a fantastic weekend getaway! :)

great tip, too :)

Tara said...

I'm a lunch maker too! I know he luvs having yummy food from home while everyone else has to fin for themselves and buy out. he always give me a kiss for it! here's my post!

http://cherishyourstories.blogspot.com/2009/01/my-husband-rocks-6.html

Laura said...

Enjoy your weekend!! My hubby and I are doing the same thing but without our kiddos!!

Reborn said...

Thanks for sharing your ideas! Have fun on your trip! :)