Monday, January 05, 2009

101 Things and A Movie Review

Today begins my 1001 days for my 101 Things To Do in 1001 Days. You can find my list in the side bar or here. I’m really excited about this for two main reasons. 1. I’ve been feeling a lack of purpose and couldn’t figure out how to remedy this. 2. The structure of this plan gives me 2 ¾ years in order to accomplish these goals. Totally doable.

It almost feels like I’m embarking on an adventure. In many ways, I think I am.

Yesterday, Chris and I celebrated the anniversary of our first date by going to the movies. We took in an afternoon showing of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. What a phenonminal film! We went to see it because I’d heard a reviewer urge people to see it on the big screen due to the fact that the cinematography was brilliantly done. I must say that he was quite right. This is certainly a movie worthy of the price of the ticket. The film can also boast an engaging plot and superb acting. I’ve often felt that Brad Pitt’s personal life tends to overshadow his career, which is quite sad. Whatever one might say about whatever else is reported about him, I do believe him to be quite a gifted actor. And, of course, Kate Blanchett was as engaging as ever. In truth, I felt, on the whole, the entire film was beautifully acted. I sincerely hope that the Oscars did this film it’s just reward(s).

Happy Monday!

No comments: