Friday, January 02, 2009

My Husband Rocks! Friday

This Sunday will be the fifth anniversary of our first date. I remember exactly what I was wearing; I know I blushed when he told me how pretty he thought I looked. There was a chill in the night air, and so even though the lobby was packed tight we wedged ourselves into a corner to wait for a table at PF Changs. He held my hand, and I could feel the tension in his stance, like he was clearly declaring to others that I was off limits. After dinner, we thoroughly enjoyed browsing around the Borders bookstore next door and reveling in our mutual love of books.

We had been friends for three years and seemed to just stumble into falling for one another. It was later that we started to see God's hand in all of it.



This is us just four months after we started dating. We were out for one of our many leisurely drives on the Natchez Trace. We had NO idea what we were in for, but the ride certainly has been worth it. I'm so proud to call myself Chris's wife. I am so blessed to raise a child with him. And I'm looking forward to the next five (and the next fifty) years with him.

I love you, my Chris!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so SWEET!!