Thursday, January 01, 2009

101 Things in 1001 Days.

A lot of people are looking at making resolutions differently, and I love the idea. Check out the mission and the directions below. My list is below, but I'm also going to post it in my side bar in order to keep it on my mind.

101 Things in 1001 days - Check out Maci's blog and Katy Lin's blog if you want more ideas for your own 101 things.

The Mission:Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:Tasks must be specific (i.e. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (i.e. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Some common goal setting tips:
1. Be decisive. Know exactly what you want, why you want it, and how you plan to achieve it.
2. Stay Focused. Any goal requires sustained focus from beginning to end. Constantly evaluate your progress.
3. Welcome Failure. Frequently, very little is learned from a venture that did not experience failure in some form. Failure presents the opportunity to learn and makes the success more worthy.
4. Write down your goals. It clarifies your thinking and reinforces your commitment.
5. Keep your goals in sight. Review them frequently, and ensure that they are always at the forefront of your thinking.

KAY-KAY'S LIST

Spiritual
1. Memorize a verse a week from the Bible.
2. Read the Bible every day.
3. Read through the entire Bible once a year.
4. Begin and end each day with prayer.
5. Pray with Chris before bed each night.
6. Listen to at least two teaching series each year.
7. Read at least three non-fiction Christian books each year.
8. Be consistent with my grateful journal. At least 3 times a week, write down 3 things that I can be grateful for.
9. Increase our tithe/offerings.
10. Choose at least one new ministry to support with prayer and financially.
Mind Matters
11. Finish writing at least one novel.
12. Send that novel to a publisher.
13. Read all of the books on my Shelfari “Plan to Read” list.
14. One day of each week, leave the TV off. Instead, read or play games.
15. Memorize all the presidents in order.
16. Memorize all fifty states and their capitals.
17. Reread The Chronicles of Narnia.
18. Reread at least 3 classic novels a year.
19. Read at least 3 classic novels I’ve never read each year.
20. Read 101 books.
21. Write at least two children’s books.
22. Find an illustrator for my children’s books.
23. Send those books to a publisher.

Family /Marriage
24. Get Chris to teach me to drive stick shift.
25. Go on at least one date a month with Chris.
26. Have another baby.
27. Go to the Nashville Zoo with Chris and Willow Grace.
28. Create a living will.
29. Go on at least one vacation a year with Chris.
30. Go hiking with Chris.
31. Go camping.
32. Send birthday cards to every member of my family.
33. Do something fun with my sister once a month.
34. Do something fun with my mom at least once a month.
35. Go on a girls-only weekend with my mom and sister.
36. Invite friends or relatives over for dinner at least once a month.
37. Watch one new movie a week with Chris after Willow Grace has gone to bed.
38. Plan a dinner with my parents once a month.
39. Plan a dinner with Chris’s parents once a month.
40. Complete the Love Dare.

Health
41. Reach my goal weight.
42. Maintain my goal weight for 6 months (unless I get pregnant, of course)
43. Drink a gallon of water a day.
44. Eliminate colas during the week.
45. Designate sweets for one weekday and weekends only.
46. Follow the 3-Hour Diet by Gorges Cruise.
47. Keep a food journal.
48. Workout 3-5 times a week every week.
49. Walk up/down the stairs at work several times each day.
50. Add more fruits, vegetables and salads to our meals.
51. Take my vitamins every morning.
52. Add Vitamin D to my vitamins.
53. Add Cod Liver Oil to my vitamins.
54. Take fiber.

Home/Cooking
55. Use my crock pot at least once a month.
56. Have the carpets cleaned.
57. Install wood flooring downstairs.
58. Touch up all the marks on our walls.
59. Cook at least one new meal a month.
60. Plan all of our dinners at least a month in advance.
61. Have a 16x20 made of our wedding photo, frame it, and hang it above the mantle.
62. Frame the 10x13 3, 6, 9, & 12 month shots of Willow Grace and hang them in the stairway.
63. Drag out all my scrapbooking materials and start scrapping again.
64. Fill all of the scrapbook albums I own by the end of 1001 days.
65. Finish creating my own marinara sauce.
66. Use my bread maker at least four times a year.
67. Find a place for everything we own and maintain order in the house for two weeks straight.
68. Learn to make homemade biscuits and gravy.

Finances
69. Eliminate all credit card debt.
70. Eliminate all debt not connected to our home.
71. Build our savings to at least 4x what it is now.
72. Create a college fund for Willow Grace.

Community
73. Plan and have at least 2 women’s appreciation teas.
74. Buy 10 gifts for others “just because.”
75. Get and use a recycling bin for cardboard, plastics, and glass.
76. Walk for a cure.
77. Participate in the Angel Tree every Christmas.
78. Invite our neighbors over for dinner.
79. Volunteer to feed the homeless at Woodcock with Dad.
80. Always volunteer when the opportunity arises to prepare a meal for someone in need.

Personal/Fun
81. Finish 5 paintings
82. Change my blog’s appearance to something fun.
83. Get recertified in CPR/First Aid.
84. Buy some roller skates and use them often.
85. Go ice skating at least twice a year.
86. Watch the sunrise at least twice a year.
87. Watch the sunset at least twice a year.
88. Get Eva Joy to teach me how to crochet.
89. Complete a crochet project.
90. Complete at least three cross stitch projects.
91. Learn to sew.
92. Sew an outfit for my daughter.
93. Learn to write in calligraphy.
94. Take a gun safety class.
95. Get my license to carry a gun.
96. Go to a drive-in movie at least once a year.
97. Take guitar lessons.
98. Go to a Titans game.
99. Go to a Sounds game.
100. Each Christmas, be sure to set aside one night to go and look at lights.
101. Write for my blog at least three times a week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow. I'm so impressed-again-w/ u! John and I and the fam rented a limo 2 c xmas lts this year and we r going 2 start doing it every year on the 26th and wud luv 2 hav u guys come-about 25 bucks per person. So I can help w 1 goal. -cl