Friday, January 09, 2009

My Husband Rocks! Friday


This week I’m using the prompt from Katy Lin’s blog the great adventure to brag on my fabulous husband. It’s a questionnaire about our husbands. Katy Lin is the genius that started My Husband Rocks Friday! Check out her blog!

Link1. Where did you meet?
He was my neighbor. He lived downstairs in my apartment building.

2. How long did you date b/f you were married?
We dated for a year and a seven months before we were married. We were engaged for six of those months.

3. What does he do that surprises you?
Sometimes he brings me flowers “just because.” He’s also walks very quietly and often, without meaning to, sneaks up on me and just about makes me jump out of my skin!

4. What is your favorite quality of his?
He is so generous, always willing to help anyone out.

5. What is your favorite feature of his?
I absolutely love his eyes; it’s amazing how much he communicates through them. He also has really nice hair. ☺

6. Does he have a nickname for you?
He calls me “Kay-Kay” just like the rest of my family, but my favorite endearing nickname that he uses for me is “Angel.” I absolutely love it when he calls me that!

7. What is his favorite food?
He loves Chinese and has told me that he would eat it every day if I let him.

8. What is his favorite sport?
He’s not really a sports fanatic, but he does enjoy watching the Titans games with me.

9. When and where was your first kiss?
I don’t remember the exact date. Can you believe that? However, I do remember that we were sitting on the couch in his apartment.

10. What do you like to do together?
Everything! We love taking drives and walks together, listening to audio books, watching movies, and just hanging out. I really did marry my best friend!

11. Do you have any children?
He have one sweet little girl, Willow Grace.

12. Does he have a hidden talent?
He can sing. I love when he sings and wish that he did it more. I also wish that he’d play his guitar more. He’s also a talented writer. I fell in love with him because when we were still just friends he would tell me amazing stories.

13. Who said "I love you" first?
He did; I would never say it first. We were on one of our many drives on the Natchez Trace.

14. What is his favorite type of music?
He mostly listens to country and jazz, but he enjoys most types of music.

15. What do you admire most about him?
I think this is closely related to the “favorite quality” question, but I’ll pick another quality. He is really devoted to his family, not just me and Willow Grace but his entire family. He really would do anything for them.

16. Do you think he will read this?
Of course, he always reads my blog.☺

6 comments:

Carla said...

Isn't it great to have a 'spot light' post just for our GREAT hubbies? Looks like you found the perfect match:)

katylinvw said...

how fun! i love reading everyone's lists :) thanks for your sweet comments!

Sarah Bee said...

Awww...I married my best friend too, it really is the most amazing thing EVER!

How blessed are we? Right!?!?

oh and the name Willow Grace is just precious!

roadrunner201 said...

Hi there, Kay. Actually, I kept seeing your Fridays on the alumni site's blog roll and finally read one last week. I loved it. What a GREAT idea. It is so important for wives to be supportive of their husbands and I always love meeting/hearing of wives who do.

Yep, Covenant. I'm one of those who came and was never able to move away. But it was worth it.

Joyful said...

Kay Kay,

Thanks for sharing - so happy for you and your precious family - gifts from God!

I noticed that you enjoy cross-stitching and I'm a designer at http://www.joyfulexpressions.us

Most of the designs feature Bible verses. There is a new free design that has blessed many called "His Name is Jesus". I'm sure you would enjoy stitching a Name Blessing for the baby. These are the name, name meaning with a matching Bible verse with an attractive border.

Thanks again,

Sandra

Lisa said...

What a great husband! Looks like you found a good one.

Lisa Q