Sunday, September 03, 2006

Are you kidding me?

What a week! I had a migraine almost all week. But that doesn’t compare to the bomb that dropped today. Both Chris and I have been struggling with migraines, but that’s only one brand of our pain today. This morning as we got ready for church Chris received a call that his Uncle Fisk was not doing well and probably wouldn’t make it through the day. On the way to church we received another call; his uncle was gone. So we decided not to go to church, and we just went to breakfast to talk. On the way home, I called Dad to tell him what had happened, and he told me that my cousin Raymond was on his way home from the Hank Williams Jr. concert last night when he was hit on the interstate, and he died. Is this real? There has been so much tragedy in our lives in the last year. These things often happen in threes so we decided that Wayne leaving for Iraq so early was shock #1. The passing of Uncle Fisk and Cousin Raymond are #2 and #3. We’re praying that God will bring blessings… BIG BLESSINGS. We really need it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! What a shock!!!

I hope you and Chris are both feeling better now and there are no more surprises.

I'm so sorry for Chris' family and for your aunt and their family. I had to read that part twice, I was so shocked.

Christina said...

I am so very sorry and shocked too. I can harldy believe it. And how tragic. You guys are definitely in mine and John's prayers. Please let us know if you need anything!!! We love you guys!!!