Monday, September 18, 2006

Lack of Timing

After a fairly normal day at work I came home ready to work out. I did The Firm routine while I watched a rerun of the Gilmore Girls on the Family Channel. Then I was ready to harness Bella and take her out for a long walk in the neighborhood. However, the rain started, and I feared that I would not be able to take her. Still, a half hour later the rain had abated, and I set out with “my little pony.” Fortunately I decided just to take laps around the complex, staying close to home in case the rain started again. We started on our first loop, and I took her down the big field at the front of the complex so that she could do her business. Well, I guess my timing was a bit off. Once I got down there I felt a small drop of water and then about 10 seconds later I felt another. The next thing I knew the heavens gaped open, and Bella and I were drenched! I tried to seek shelter under a large tree, but the torrential downpour only thwarted my efforts. By the time I got back to the house my hair was plastered to my head and my clothes were hanging heavily on my body. I didn’t want to take my soaked dog into the house only to have her shake off all the excess water all over the furniture and carpet, so I closed her leash up in the door leaving her outside in the breezeway and ran to the bathroom to get a big beach towel to dry her off.

After all of that I still did get to walk tonight, but I had the pleasure of my sweet husband’s company. When he arrived home from work, I ran down to the car, and we went to Burger Monday at Calhoun’s. On Monday’s they have burgers for half price. Somehow the fact that they have a silly name for it makes it feel like a real event for me, and I was very excited to go. Anyway, after dinner and a not so quick (or cheap) trip to Walmart, Chris and I came back home, changed clothes, and ventured out. Thankfully we were able to stay dry and had a great time getting some exercising and chatting.

I have so much laundry and ironing to attend to, but I am not sure that I can face it tonight. This is definitely one task that I feel like I can put off until tomorrow. Relaxing for a bit sounds like just the thing for me!

1 comment:

J. Gordon Anderson said...

You have laundry to do? Can you do some of mine?