Monday, September 11, 2006

End of the roller coaster?

I was thrilled to find an email from my brother when I got to work today. I guess he doesn’t have my home email address, so he just emails me at work. Anyway, he said that it’s 130degrees and hard to breathe, but other than that he’s doing well. I want this year to soar by for my family so that we can be at the other end welcoming him home. I want him here playing with his boys and hugging his wife and teasing me. He’s a great brother and a great man; I’m so very proud of him.

Saturday night Chris and I went out with our dear friends, John and Christina. For five years, she was my roommate, and then I met Chris and she met John. They got married the week before we did, and then we played a little musical chairs-apartment style. I moved across the hall into my husband’s apartment after we got married, and John moved into Christina’s. Now they live about 45 minutes away, and we see them whenever we can. Every time we go home after spending time with them, Chris and I gush over how much fun we had and how we so enjoy their company. Last night was no different. We started with dinner at a really swanky place: Waffle House! I’m so glad they chose it; Chris and I love Waffle House. After lingering for a while over our dinners, we drove across the street to play putt-putt. It started raining a bit, but none of us cared. And yes, even though I did not play as well as I would like, I still had a lot of fun. (Sometimes I have to really work to keep that competitive streak in check!) We ended the evening with drinks from Sonic and a short visit at our apartment. Nights and friends like that are indeed rare.

My cousin’s funeral was also Saturday; it was really… strange. For those of you who know me well, I’ll tell you about it at another time. Other than that I don’t really want to talk about it. Really, I’m just glad it’s over.

I wish I had more to report on or some pictures to share, but I’m a little tapped out tonight. I’ve been so sleepy lately. I wonder what the deal is with that.

3 comments:

Christina said...

You guys are the BEST!!! John and I had a blast too. We kept talking about how much fun we have and always have with you guys. Can't wait to do it again. Waffle House and go-carting, here we come. Have a great week. We love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, sleepy all the time....could you be pg???

Glad you had a good time with your friends. Must be nice to have such good friends that you both enjoy. Very hard to find in our situation.

Christina said...

I had to post another comment and just say how honored I am to be in your blog. I almost feel famous. Have a great day!! If you're pg, let me know!!!