Monday, September 25, 2006

The Monday Blahs?

I don’t know why I’ve spent less and less time at the computer over the last few weeks. I think that by the time I get home from work I just don’t feel like doing much thinking, so I go into cleaning mode or cooking or relaxing in front of the TV. I simply haven’t felt very motivated to sit and type or chat or anything. And as I start to think over my day I can’t really come up with anything interesting to talk about. I’m tired of talking about the bad things that seem to keep happening all around me. I have this little voice inside my head saying, “If you can’t say anything nice…” You know the rest.

I wish that I had some sort of intriguing tale, but there’s just nothing noteworthy to report. This was my day today: had meetings all day for in-service at school, went to the tanning bed, came home, walked Bella, worked out, started laundry, cleaned both bathrooms, mopped the kitchen floor, cooked dinner, ate with Chris, fed Bella, cleaned up the kitchen, walked Bella with Chris, and came to type on the computer. Seriously, that’s not very interesting.

Hmmm, thinking….. I guess I could tell you that my next painting will definitely be a lighthouse. Chris’s business is Lighthouse Inc., so I thought it would be nice to paint one for him. I’m thinking about starting on it tonight. I gave the sunflower to Mom, and she’s planning to hang it in her breakfast room. It matches the décor in there surprisingly well. I really want to just do folk art type of stuff. I never studied art history, and I don’t know all of the modern techniques. And I’m really not painting for anyone but myself, but I would do a painting for friends or family if they really wanted me to. OK, so I’m rambling.

I’m going to work on something more exciting for you in my next entry. Really, it’ll blow your mind. Just wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seriously? Mind blowing info coming up? What is it??

I have lots and lots of boring days too where it seems like I have nothing to say. I tend to always create a story out of the smallest things anyway in my daily life, so that helps a little.

What I tell my sisters and my Mom when they have nothing to say...food, receipts and to-do lists. I don't know why, but those are fascinating! LOL