Thursday, February 23, 2006

Maybe tomorrow....

I suffer from migraines. I started to say “really bad migraines,” but anyone who has them or knows me already knows how bad they are. Yesterday and today have been migraine days. I went to the doctor yesterday to try to get some answers but ended up with more questions and two prescriptions, one for pain pills and the other for nausea. I was told to go home, take them, and go to bed, advice which I am glad that I followed. I was totally knocked out. Thus, I made no post and certainly did not conquer The Hill. (I believe I referred to the hill in my last post.)

Today, however, the migraine abated by mid-afternoon, so I was able to climb, but only once. Man, that thing kicks my butt! So, by my title, of “maybe tomorrow” I mean that I will try once again to climb it twice tomorrow. I will try, but if I don’t make it, I will not give up. It shall be done. And then, once I’ve successfully conquered it twice a number of times, I’m just crazy enough to up my goal to three times! Ha! Take that!

Chris and I spent the evening at his parents’ house celebrating his brother’s wife’s birthday, which was actually a few weeks ago. Chris’s mom always makes a huge feast, which is wonderfully delicious but does not at all fit into my diet; I’m doing the 3 Hour Diet. And yes, I do indulge myself on these occasions. Mmmm, biscuits and gravy…. One of the greatest things is that Chris and I actually get along with each other’s relatives. There are no terrible in-law problems. Of course, we regularly thank God for this as we certainly have our share of other troubles.

I have another special day at work tomorrow. In my English class, we’re having our coffee house day.. I call it the Stoplight Café and put a little flashing stoplight just outside my door. In order to create a cozy atmosphere, I move all the tables and chairs and decorate the room with bean bags, other lounge-type furniture, twinkle lights, and lava lamps. The students read the poetry they’ve written and well as poetry from famous poets. To show their support of each other, the kids snap their fingers, instead of clapping their hands, in appreciation. It’s a groovy scene, and the kids always seem to have a good time. In addition to being fun for the kids, I greatly enjoy the day as it’s out of the ordinary, and I don’t have to teach anything new! A little break for Kay!

What a long day and even week it’s been! I’m exhausted and need to get my little nightly routine going, so I can enjoy one of the greatest pleasures life has to offer… sleep!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Snapping the fingers ,a Maynard G. Craig kind of thing, Cute.
Onward & upward,You have got grit.The hill is the real deal Sister.You are so going to be lovin the way your butt looks in a few weeks:).Hang in there Ladybug.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to sign in ,sorry

Anonymous said...

Oh girl, I hear you on the sleep. Glad your migraines have let up. At least you have the medication to treat them with. I've only had one ever, but it was awful. I remember it so well. I think it was brought on by the smell of cinnamon muffins I'd made for Brent's special day in Kindergarten. Haven't made those muffins again since.

Good for you for making it up the hill once. That means you can do it, so of course you'll do it two...three.. times. What's the 3 hour diet?