Monday, February 27, 2006

A bump in the road....

This has been an interesting day, or at least the afternoon was. After a long and yet productive day at work, I decided to take the long way home. This was partly due to the fact that traffic going towards my home was too congested, and I liked the idea of the possibility of driving through the park to get home. I took a little detour down a narrow road tightly flanked by rows of tall, thin trees. It was peaceful and beautiful, and then BLAM! I felt a jolt and heard a loud noise. Apparently there was something in or close to the road that I ran over, and I ended up blowing out my tire! It actually had a big hole in it, and I bent the rim!

Chris was on a call and couldn’t come to help me, so I called my dad. He loaded tools, a hydraulic jack, and my mom into the van and came to bail me out. It usually takes me eight minutes to get home from work, but today it took me two hours. But it was a lovely day, and I didn’t mind sitting beside the park and waiting to be rescued.

The really weird part of all of this is that it was around the same time last year that I had a car wreck. A new driver pulled out in front of me forcing me to t-bone his car. The impact left me with a bruised collarbone, an injury that I shared with Steve McNair. Of course he got his playing football, so they are really aren’t the same. Oh, well.

So, did you watch the Bachelor finale tonight? Though I am thrilled that Nashville won out in the end and that there wasn’t a proposal, I was a little disappointed with the way Sarah was told that she was picked. Travis was much more poetic with Moana in telling her that he wasn’t choosing her. Perhaps he was just too nervous to be eloquent in his speech.

For an update on the health front, I have an appointment at the allergy clinic this Thursday, and they have set me up with the headache clinic in March. Hopefully, I can get some answers very soon. I have not had a headache in three days! For me this is amazing and probably one of the reasons that I was so happy today and didn’t really get upset about my little mishap this afternoon.

I’m hoping the rest of the week sees me feeling as well I as I did today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet that scared you when your tire blew out. I would have freaked and probably turned the wheel the wrong way and wrecked too! I'm glad you are ok. But at least you were in a pleasant place to wait. The park ... a great place to get standed. Unless it's late at night, or Shelby park.

Anonymous said...

Actually Dad didn't have to "load" me in the van,although he might feel like he needs to sometime.I am a little slow at times.
Sorry about your peaceful drive being interupted so violantly for lack of a better word. I did enjoy the rest of the evening with you and Chris.