Saturday, February 25, 2006

Guess what I did?

Victory is mine! On Friday afternoon, I made it up the hill TWICE! I am so proud of myself and can’t wait to do it again. Bella even did it better this time. On the way back down the first time, two little dogs Bella had made friends with a couple days before ran out to greet her and ran across the road in really busy traffic. It was really scary and unnerving, imagining any of the dogs being hit by a car. I almost didn’t start up the second time, but I was determined to not let anything stop me. Oh, and talk about the endorphins! I was feeling especially good! I know this might not seem like an especially difficult task to some, but you should see the hill.

Tonight my sister Eva and her husband Matt came over to have dinner and watch a movie with Chris and me. It was taco night. I find it interesting how everyone does their tacos a little bit differently. Chris likes meat and nothing else. Give him meat in a shell or just meat alone, and the man is happy. Personally, I go for the taco salad approach. I think it’s the whole tilting of the head to eat a whole taco and the fact that it’s going to make a mess anyway that drives me to go ahead and pile everything into a taco mountain. Matt put the fixings on first and then the meat, and then Eva did it, I think, the most normal way, meat and then fixings. I guess I just love that life can have such variety with such simple things.

When I invited Eva and Matt over, I imagined the four of us sitting down to enjoy some high energy, blood pumping action flick. To my surprise, once again things happened a little differently than I expected. We snuggled into the couches with our TV trays in front of us and watched Home on the Range, a silly, little, animated Disney flick. To top off our little movie night we indulged in brownies and vanilla ice cream lightly covered with chocolate syrup. We were four adults acting like children and loving every moment of it.

The only other interesting thing that happened today is that I went to get my eyes checked. The doctor wanted me to do it so that we could see if it was a causing or somehow affecting the migraines, which I believe we ruled out today. The best part about being there was the presence of these two little adorable girls, eight year old twins. They had the sweetest little faces, and I just loved looking at them. By the way, I really think (and hope) that Chris and I will have twins someday (not anytime soon). It’s on both sides of our families, so we actually have a good chance of it. I’ve been talking to God about it just to make sure that He knows we’d like to have fraternal twins with a boy and a girl. I guess we’ll see what He decides somewhere down the road!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on making it up the hill twice!! How far up is the hill?

Your taco night sounds good. Cooking for just the kids and I is just no fun, so I don't do it every night. I'd be wasting so much food if I did. Oh, speaking of tacos, I just remembered that I made a variation on them the other night. I took a can of Grands biscuits and rolled each one out and put the meat and cheese and whatever is good warmed one one half of the biscuit, folded it over like a calzone and crimped it shut, then baked like normal. I gave the kids sour cream to dip it in and they really like them. Another thing you could do is fill them with a fruit mixture or pie filling and fold over, sprinkle with sugar and bake for a turnover.

What's the next step in getting rid of the migraines?

Anonymous said...

I'm very proud of you for making it up the hill. I'm really impressed as I can barely make it up the stairs behind Bella without getting winded. Tacos were wonderful and having Matt and Eva over was a lot of fun.