Sunday, February 19, 2006

Good Intentions

We honestly tried to make it to church today, but it just didn't happen. Just a mile away from the house, Chris’s car was running hot, so we had to turn around. Then the anti-freeze at the house was actually frozen. I didn't think that was supposed to happen. So, we removed all the ice from my car and fired it up to go get some anti-freeze. Of course after all of this, we were too late to go to church. We did, however, make it to lunch with the in-laws, which was very pleasant.

Ever have one of those days that just seem a little off kilter? It hasn’t been just one day but the whole weekend for me. Nothing has really gone wrong, but it just seems that every little task I put my hand to has a snag in it. I keep forgetting things, but by the time I remember them I find that they weren’t too important to begin with. Oh, well.

Despite my hopes as of yesterday, it looks like we won’t be getting any more snow before tomorrow. But I guess it really doesn’t matter; tomorrow is an in-service day for the teachers at my school. I don’t have to have anything prepared since the students won’t be there. For me, however, a day of meetings is much worse. I’m used to talking all day and being in front of an audience, even if it’s not always a captive one. Sitting for so long makes me sleepy.

Chris and I talked about starting up the house hunting process again today. We desperately want to get out of this little apartment. Bella really needs a big yard to play in. She’s a Great Pyrenees/Lab mix; there’s only so much running up and down our hallway she can do. In addition, Chris and I are desperate for more room of our own. So much of our stuff is in storage, and we’d love to be making use of those things. Hopefully, we’ll find something in the next couple of months. Our lease is up in April, and we’d like to leave by then.

I guess I can only procrastinate for so long. Laundry and papers to grade are calling my name. I better get to it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a great buyer agent to help you with the house hunting process. Let me know if you would like his number. His team is reccomended and used by Dave Ramsey and they are also #1 in middle TN. We have had a great experience with him!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I know those days Kay! Sorry you're having a run of them.

Good luck on the house hunt, that would be great if you could move when your lease is up!