Friday, November 21, 2008

My Husband Rocks! (a different approach)

Please visit Katy Lin's blog the great adventure to learn more about My Husband Rocks! Fridays and to join us in encouraging our spouses. Now more than ever it's so important to lift up our spouses and to protect our marriages!

I cant’ help but gush about my husband and our marriage. I can’t help but to seek out his hand while we walk into church, stroll around the mall, or ride in the car. I have no problem snuggling up to him while we’re sitting on the couch in our parents’ homes or giving him a quick kiss when he stops by my work to deliver some item I’ve forgotten at home or to bring me lunch. It all started with a slow building friendship, and so even after all this time he is still my best friend, the one I prefer above all others with whom to spend my time.

My husband rocks!

Most days I would say that I have a dream marriage. I honestly never believed that I would find the kind of love that I now experience. I never dreamed that someone could love me so much and treat me so well. I never had any guy treat me as good as my Chris, unless you count Dad. To be loved for myself, just as I am, because I am the way I am, is such an unexpected delight. It all serves to remind me how much my Heavenly Father loves me.

Of course, it’s not always sunny days and ice cream. Some days are hard. Really hard. Some moments are downright unbearably painful. We can both be terribly stubborn and blinded by our own emotions and opinions. Tempers will flare, and feelings get hurt. What’s so wonderful is that this is always followed the heartfelt apologies and the readily given forgiveness and the reminder of how much we loved each other.

Our marriage rocks!

Despite all of the trials and obstacles that we face in this marriage, this life we share, I am intensely grateful to God for putting me on this journey with Chris, for blessing us with our sweet Willow Grace so we can build a family together, and for the spiritual encouragement that Chris has been giving me. I’m not only in love with my husband, but I am also in love with my Savior and overwhelmed by the unfathomable love He has for me, for all of us.

Our God rocks!

2 comments:

Ashley Wells said...

How wonderful it is to read a wife speaking so honestly about her love!!!
Thank you so much for sharing!

-Ashley

April said...

So true! You sound like a lucky girl!