Friday, November 28, 2008

My Husband Rocks! Friday

What a couple of days we've had! Willow Grace has had a fever since she woke up from her nap on Wednesday.
Doesn't she look so tired? And yet, she still has that little hint of a smile playing around her lips. Yeah, she knows what the camera is for!
I have to tell you that my husband has shined through this experience. A couple of times her fever spiked to 104.8! It's been hard on both of us since this really is the first time she's been sick other than a cold. She's needed constant attention and monitoring. At times she been so fussy which she almost never does, and then the fever declines allowing a little of that chipperness we usually experience to bubble back to the top. There's the bubbly side. Can you believe that she had a temp of 102.8 at this point? That's my cell she's holding. She kept saying, "Hello? Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Uh-huh."
Chris has rocked this entire time! On Wednesday night neither of us got more than 1 1/2 hours of sleep! Still, he has been supportive, helpful, patient, and loving. Among other things, here's some of the sweet things he's done--
  • prayed constantly for Willow Grace
  • read her lots of books and watched tons of Disney shows with her
  • gone to pick up medicine and Pedialite from the pharmacy
  • built fires to help keep us warmer
  • endlessly cuddled her and let her sleep on his chest
  • stayed up all night with us when she just couldn't sleep Wednesday night
  • remained at home with her all day yesterday, missing Thanksgiving lunch at his parents' house and dinner with my parents (I had cooked 5 dishes for my parents' dinner, so I delivered them and got to have dinner.)
  • made sure I got some rest
  • did whatever he could to take care of me in order to help me to better take care of her

Aren't they sweet together? It's enough to melt a wife's heart!

What a great husband! What a great daddy!

1 comment:

katylinvw said...

what a sweetheart (well, both of them actually) hope she's feeling better!