Friday, January 19, 2007

Zapped!

I really wish that I had the energy to write more during the week. However, as it is, I can just barely make it home at the end of the day, walk Bella, and crash on the couch; and next week I’ll start up with tutoring again in the afternoons. While I’m sitting on the couch, I think about opening the laptop, doing laundry, or being productive in some way, and just thinking about it makes me more tired. I actually fell asleep at eight o’clock last night! That seems so crazy. Hopefully, I’ll have enough time and energy to get a few things accomplished this weekend. I have a small mountain of grading I brought home with me. The promise of good feelings and more energy in the 2nd trimester keeps me looking ahead.

On Tuesday, I had a frustrating thing happen at work. Somehow during third block, I was one copy short for the quiz I was giving, even though I made exact copies. It’s not hard to make exactly 40 copies. Anyway, I went to make an extra copy. Interestingly enough, I absent-mindedly made a copy of the key and gave it to the student who promptly returned it to me! So I went again to make a copy. Can you believe it? I copied the wrong quiz! The third time did turn out to be a charm, and he was finally able to get busy working on the quiz.

I just found about maternity leave and insurance for the baby. First, I will use all of my sick days that I have accrued over the last few years. You can accrue up to 30, but I know I only have 27. After that, I only get six weeks of actual maternity leave. This will put me back at work in late October. I can take 12 weeks, but the last six weeks would be unpaid. For insurance, I have 30 days, absolutely no more, to add the baby to my insurance, and it will be almost $400 a month! I need to check with Chris's insurance to see how much it'll cost to add the baby to his. We really need to win the lottery; we'll buy a ticket next week!

With all the changes ahead and house hunting and dealing with issues at work that I’m not allowed to discuss, it really could be enough to make me overly concerned, but I’m not going to let it get to me. It’s true that we need a better place to live, and, sure, I would love to be out longer with my baby. Who knows? Maybe somehow I will be able to. However, I’ve decided that I will put my trust in God. He will take care of me, Chris, the baby, our finances, and every other aspect of our lives. I’ve been hearing negative comments from so many sources lately about what could happen or what we should have done or should do or whatever. We can’t do anything about any of that. No matter what circumstances or “what ifs” people can drum up, that doesn’t change God’s plans for our lives or His provision or His promises. “That which doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” Well, I guess Chris and I are just exercising our faith, and I can tell that we’re stronger already.

And now, so I can continue to be strong for this little miracle within, it’s time to rest!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there kid,things will get better. Keep looking to the Lord.Your in our prayers always.

Anonymous said...

I'm so very proud of you for not worrying and letting those negative comments get to you. I hate negativity... oh wait, that was kinda' negative. I LOVED your 100s list. Found out some VERY interesting things about you that I never knew. I'll read thru it again in the near future. Love you!!! Let's get together soon!!

Christina Lael

Anonymous said...

The first trimester is the toughest, Kay. Keep looking forward to next trimester. There are so many what if's, but those aren't the story of your life that is being written. Keep looking forward to the good things - feeling better and the miracle growing inside you! TT