Thursday, January 25, 2007

Do They Really Happen in Threes?

Last week, The Reeds had a sweet friend pass away, and this week it was one on the Bratcher side. I’ve often heard that these things happen in threes, and I’ve often known that to be true. My guess is that it’s just coincidence. However, it’s hard not to have a sense of anticipation. Is it just bad things that happen in threes, or is it big things? In my community group, we have two pregnancies and another family moving to a new house. That’s three big things. On a side note, the other girl that is pregnant is due two days after me!

Last night, Chris and I were supposed to go to community group. However, he was busily helping his family clean out their friend’s apartment, and I was in no condition to be good company for anyone. We had both been looking forward to going, but sometimes life just gets in the way. Anyway, I could not the phone number of our community group leader, so I jumped in the car to go over there and tell them why we couldn’t be there. I know that sounds crazy, but they thought we were coming. I didn’t want them to worry or think that we were being rude. So, I told them about Chris’s helping out his family and my pregnancy, had them right down their number for me, and fifteen minutes later was on my way back home.

We’ve been trying ot keep a running tally of foods that I just can’t consume at this point. I feel very limited right now. I have a lot of saltines, water, and Sprite. Generally, I’m a really picky eater, but it just seems ridiculous at this point. And I really feel bad for Chris; I just can’t cook for him right now like I used to. However, I think he’s surviving just fine. On Wednesdays, it’s Pappa John’s pizza day at school, and at the end of the day they sell the leftover large pizzas for $5. If you get there early enough, you get some delicious rice crispy treats thrown into the deal. That’s what I brought home for Chris last night, and he seemed pleased.

For the last couple days, I’ve been feeling pretty terrible. Having a migraine for two days in a row, along with the “side effects” of early pregnancy, has not made for very pleasant teaching experiences. I just had to keep reminding myself that time was passing, and my bed would happily welcome me when I arrived home.

Speaking of a welcoming bed, I think it’s calling to me now….

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could tell you that trouble does not come in threes but as seen this week, it does. I love you angel and hope that you are still feeling well.

Anonymous said...

hang in there. we love you.

john & christina