Sunday, January 14, 2007

100 Things About Me

I borrowed this idea from my sister-in-law who borrowed it from her sister. It’s actually a challenge to think of things that I think might actually be interesting to others. I thought for a long time about it, so I hope you enjoy. Here we go….

1.I am pregnant with my first child.
2.When my mom was pregnant with me, she craved crushed ice and Three Musketeers candy bars.
3.I am a Christian.
4.I have the bad habit of popping my fingers and often don’t even realize that I’m doing it.
5.I’ve never been in a limousine.
6.I’m only been snow skiing once, and it was the worst trip of my life.
7.I don’t like seafood.
8.I often cover my mouth when I laugh.
9.I sometimes wore a fake nose ring during college, and I really liked it.
10. It took me five years to graduate from college.
11. I lived in the projects when I was a little girl.
12. I’m in my 10th year of teaching 7th grade English.
13. I teach in a Christian school.
14. I took six years of French but remember very little.
15. I have lived in the South my entire life.
16. I’ve been to Ireland, France, Mexico (twice), and the Bahamas.
17. Five of those trips were mission trips, and I also went on one to New York.
18. I am a middle child.
19. I enjoy cooking and cleaning but have been able to do very little of that as of late due to early pregnancy issues.
20. I love swimming.
21. I kept my maiden name as a second middle name.
22. I fancy myself to be a writer and desperately want to have a book published some day.
23. People who are very close to me often call me Kay-Kay, and despite a lapse in my fondness for it during adolescence, I love it.
24. I like talking on the phone.
25. I love holidays or any chance to be festive.
26. I don’t like doughnuts.
27. Before meeting my husband, I was never in a romantic relationship that last more than three months.
28. However, I never had anyone break up with me.
29. I would love to own a theater some day and produce/direct plays.
30. I am left-handed, but I throw right-handed.
31. I really hope to go on a cruise someday.
32. And I want to go to Hawaii. Maybe I’ll go on a cruise to Hawaii.
33. My favorite poet is Robert Frost.
34. My favorite painter is Vincent Van Gogh.
35. I love reading novels.
36. I never had the chicken pox as a child and neither did my brother or sister.
37. We also never wore braces.
38. I’ve never broken a bone.
39. I sprained my arm when I fell of a slide when I was four or five.
40. I badly bruised my sternum during a car wreck, which was not my fault, in January 2005
41. I once had hypothermia in the 7th grade.
42. I wanted to be an actress until I was about 25.
43. I would still love to be in a Spielberg movie.
44. I didn’t get married until I was 31.
45. On Sunday nights, I love watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. In my opinion, it’s the best show on TV right now.
46. I also enjoy Gilmore Girls.
47. My husband and I are house hunting.
48. Among my plethora of costumes, I own three Renaissance dresses, a ‘20’s flapper dress, and a Beast costume.
49. I love butterflies
50. … and bunnies
51. … and snow people.
52. My favorite dessert is Mrs. Smith’s Dutch apple crumb pie.
53. I almost died from carbon monoxide poisoning when I was seven.
54. I used to talk to myself a lot when I was home alone, but now I get to direct all of my random comments and queries towards my dog, Bella.
55. My best friend is my mom.
56. I own all 10 seasons of Friends and frequently watch them before I go to sleep at night.
57. I once, briefly, had pink hair.
58. I hate small talk.
59. I once stayed in a monastery in New Mexico for a week.
60. I’ve been on at least 30 summer camps and/or retreats.
61. I just started wearing reading glasses in the last year.
62. I don’t have any tattoos, but I do enjoy wearing fake ones from time to time.
63. My hair is naturally curly but was only slightly wavy until I became a teenager.
64. I’ve had eighteen different roommates, sixteen of those being during college.
65. I love reading People magazine.
66. I own about 300 movies on VHS and DVD.
67. I believe that anything in your home should be either beautiful or functional, and it’s even better if they are both.
68. I met my husband because of a candy cane.
69. I got lost at Huntsville Space Center when I was in fourth grade and was almost left behind.
70. I prefer silver or white gold jewelry over yellow gold.
71. I’m terrible at playing video games, but I like to watch other’s play.
72. I’ve been to about 30 Vigilantes of Love shows.
73. I often have a difficult time getting to sleep and/or staying asleep.
74. The first play I ever directed was during my senior year of college, and it was about drug addiction in the 50’s.
75. I love ice skating and roller skating.
76. I can spin around and skate backwards.
77. I love being tan.
78. I am very girly but can be pretty tough as well.
79. My parents are still together as are my husband’s, my sister’s husbands, and my brother’s wife’s. Cool, huh?
80. I love Southern sweet ice tea.
81. I am allergic, in some cases severely, to almost everything, except dogs.
82. I have one dog, a Great Pyranees/Lab mix named Bella.
83. I really want to get more dogs after we get a house.
84. I like my feet.
85. I have never fired a gun.
86. I once tried to climb behind a waterfall, slipped, and was knocked out.
87. It’s almost impossible for me to hide my emotions.
88. This means that I cannot lie.
89. I enjoy studying/teaching about the Civil War.
90. I can’t keep houseplants alive.
91. My favorite job in college was working in the school’s library.
92. Racist people infuriate me.
93. I enjoy spending time with my husband’s family.
94. I hate feeling like I’ve disappointed someone.
95. I love my job.
96. I greatly enjoy going for walks and drives with my husband.
97. I sound exactly like my sister on the phone.
98. I miss my toe rings, but I don’t want to put them back on until after I have my baby.
99. My husband is one of the greatest blessings in my life.
100.Other than God, family is the important thing to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this Kay.
Good to know facts

Anonymous said...

Fun read Kay, all the ones of these I've read have been fun.

Anonymous said...

My Favorite one is #55.And I'm very,very,excited about #1.Yay!!! for Kay & Chris!
While reading these again, I thought of many great things you could have added to the list about yourself.So I'm adding one more.
101.Anyone who knows you,knows that you are a beautiful person inside and out,love your smiling brown eyes,and adore your lovely smile.