Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Last night Chris and I went over to my parents’ house for dinner, company, and to ring in the new year. When we arrived we heard the “celebrating” that had already started in the projects across the street; I do believe that there were more guns going off more frequently this year than ever before. Not long after we arrived, we heard several sirens from emergency vehicles heading in the direction of the shots. Really, it’s the same every year.

For our part, we celebrated by making Tombstone pizzas, snacking on tortilla chips and salsa, and watching Cars on DVD. I ended up falling asleep, and only woke up when Mom called my name, told me it was two minutes until midnight, and handed me a glass of sparkling red grape juice. We flipped the TV to Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve, watched the ball drop, clinked our glasses, and shared a kiss. Afterwards, we finished the movie, and then Chris and I headed home.

In a few minutes, Chris and I will get ready and head to see a movie before coming back here to take down the tree and give our apartment a clean start for the new year.

I pray you all have a happy and healthy year ahead.

No comments: