Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Just Another Day in the Life

For the last couple days I don’t feel like my life has had much substance to it. I haven’t been reading much or writing or painting or doing anything creative or productive. This is my vacation week, so I haven’t wanted to do very much. Also, I’ve had horrible headache on and off for the past week, and today is the first day that I’ve actually felt like myself. So I don’t really feel like I have anything interesting to write about here, but I hate to go too long without a post.

I had to buy a new cell phone yesterday because the one I had was dropping calls or not getting service or having other random problems. I didn’t want anything special, but we got a really good deal. Since we left the store yesterday I have not stopped playing with it. I know can take photos and video, and I got one of those Bluetooth wireless headsets; it was just a basic phone, but apparently they all come with bells and whistles these days. Yea, a new toy!

We took Bella to the vet today. What an experience! Whenever she gets around other people she becomes a nearly uncontrollable, crazy beast and nearly knocks people over because she’s so massive and strong. Plus she sheds a lot, so while we’re trying to hold her down for all the poking and prodding, hair is flying all over the place covering the doctor, technicians, Chris, me, and the floor. It’s like a tornado of Bella hair! Overall she’s very healthy, but at 97 pounds, she’s about 7 pounds overweight. We think that this is mostly because we didn’t really walk her very much during the winter. I guess we just chickened out due to the frigid temperatures. However, we’ve been walking a couple miles with her in the morning this summer, and we will buck up, bundle up, and take her out this winter. So, as a family, we will all be getting in better shape together. She’s actually smaller than she was at the beginning of the summer, so that’s at least some progress. I think the shots subdued her; she's been sacked out on the kitchen floor since we came home. We’re really crazy about that dog.

Ok, I guess that’s it for today. Maybe something strange and wonderful will happen later that I can tell you about.

No comments: