Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Busyness Continues

If my report on how crazy my Saturday was gave any indication about how my weekend was going, then you won't be surprised that the flurry of activity kept up a healthy pace. On Sunday we traveled to Crossville for a family reunion. We spent two and a half sweltering hours in a picnic pavillion with about 75-90 of Chris's relatives from his paternal grandmother's side. Thankfully, there was a lake nearby, and we benefited from a bit of a breeze drifting in to keep us from getting too uncomfortable. I think my favorite moment was watching Willow's fascination with the geese that had gathered around as some of the children fed them leftover rolls; she stood quite still and stared at them in wide-eyed wonder. Afterwards, we went on to visit with his maternal grandmother and a few other relatives. There, Willow Grace entertained everyone in the living room as she practiced her newly acquired skill of walking.

On our way back to Nashville we took a little detour through Murfreesboro to pick up a little gift Chris found for me on Craig's List. We've decorated our kitchen in Coca-Cola (of course), and he found a little Coca-Cola tiffany-style lamp for me which he knew that I had really wanted. I already have the little tiffany-style juke box and telephone, so it goes quite well. Kudos to my thoughtful husband!

For my Monday, I had BIG plans, even if they were just a bit unrealistic. I really wanted to get all of my errands and running around done for the week. I planned to visit Sam's, Walmart, Target, TJ Maxx, Linen-n-Things, Party City, The Dollar Tree, the bank, the Range Rover dealership, and a couple other places. Sounds crazy, I know, and I didn't even get half of that accomplished. I've been a mom for almost a year now, and I still haven't completely figured out that I just can't do as much running around as I used to. There are meals to be prepared and served, naps to be taken, diapers to change, and play time that must be had. I was halted even before I left the house by a very sleepy Willow Grace who settled in for a morning nap. When she finally awoke, I scooped her up and went to pick up Mom who spent the rest of the day with us until Dad came to fetch her back from our house last night. So, even though I didn't get all of my running around done, I had my sweet baby girl and my sweet mom with me. What better shopping buddies are there?

This week I will spend checking and rechecking my lists for Willow Grace's first birthday party. While I run all over town picking up odds and ends for the party; I'll also be looking for just the right present. I just can't seem to decide what to buy for her. I really want to find her a little toy vacuum cleaner that makes realistic noises. She loves watching me vacuum and chases the vacuum cleaner all over the living room. Shopping for a one-year-old is hard. While there is certainly no shortage of fun toys out there, there's so much that is just not age appropriate for her. I really want to get something great for her, but what would that be? I need ideas!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! She's walking! Congratulations Willow!!!

That was very thoughtful of Chris!!