Thursday, July 17, 2008

2 1/2 hours....

of ultimate joy! Willow Grace took her morning nap in my arms this morning. Yes, there are so many things I need to accomplish today, but moments like this are so rare. I just held her and rubbed her little back and kissed her little face. She made tiny little noises and occasionally stretched just a bit seaching for another comfortable position. I could have put her in her crib and gone on to tackle the chores of the day, but why would I? I only have a few days left before I return to work full time, and I'm not giving up the gift of the time I now have with her. Some day she will no longer allow me to hold her. Some day she will pull away. But today! Today I was privileged to watch that little darling drift off to sleep and to hold her for two and a half deliciously wonderful hours!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you 100%. You can't get those times back, so it's best to enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

You will cherish these times forever.Take advantage every chance you get.
I don't think she will pull away much because she is a cuddler.Mom