Monday, June 09, 2008

A House Becomes a Home

I tried to start this post Monday, but found that Willow Grace had become a little Houdini and was trying to escape all the boundaries I'd set up around the living room. She crawled through the bottom of the exersaucer, climbed on top of a black bin and tried to stand atop it before I rescued her, stepped up on the ledge of the fireplace and attempted to mount the ottoman-- all in desperate effort to set herself free to roam the unchartered territory outside of her normal play space. She's been really pushing her boundaries lately, and we have to keep an eagle eye on her. She's also teething pretty hard right now. She has two teeth coming in at the top, and it's made her fussy, feverish, a bit snotty, and extra sensitive. She cried more on Saturday than she has in a couple weeks put together, but by Sunday she was as chipper as ever. What a curiously delightful little girl!

Chris and I were buzzing around the house all day Monday attending to odds and ends. I hammered in a couple dozen nails for wall hangings and arranged anything I could get my hands on. We were finally able to find a piece of furniture for the dining room which can house the good china. I hated having it all wrapped up and stuck in the cabinet above the fridge. I'm not the type to wait for visiting dignitaries to use the good china, and I'll use it as soon as I can. I have a great dining room table; I just don't have any chairs to go with it at the moment unless you count our four folding chairs (which I don't). Chris is tackling the office and the patio today. Before long this house will be fit for company and perhaps even a few pictures for my blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Willow Grace has become a little explorer.The fun begin!:)She's going to keep us all on the move.
It's nice to hear that your home is coming together.I know you'll be happier when everything is finally in place. Mom