Saturday, June 14, 2008

Ready for Something Wild

Yesterday, Chris, Willow Grace, and I took our first trip to Nashville Zoo at Grassmere. While it was quite hot and extrememly humid, the three of us did manage to have a quite a nice time together. Neither Chris or Willow Grace had been to a zoo, and the last time I remember going was to the one in Chicago during my sophomore year of high school. It was such a treat to see the bengal tigers, porcupine, cranes, monkeys, bobcats, and other wild creatures. Willow Grace really enjoyed watching the meercats; it's a pity that we didn't take a picture of her watching them.

Chris and I each had an animal that we were looking forward to seeing.

For me, it was the giraffes.


They seemed to want to hang out at the back of their habitat and were a bit camera shy, but I still maganed to have a picture with them.
Chris was really looking forward to the elephants. Willow Grace loved them, too! When she first saw them, she yellled, "Dog!" Then she tried to say, "Bella" which of course comes out "Be-wah." She gets to see Bella whenever we go to Chris's parents house. We miss our big dog so much and are so grateful that we still get to see her. I don't think she quite understood our explanation that while Bella is indeed a very large dog, the elephants were much bigger and definitely not dogs. Oh well, at least she thought they were funny.

1 comment:

Christina said...

What a great trip you guys had. I absolutely LOVE reading your blogs. Tx for reminding me. We just had a trng w/ Mary Garrison (local author) & I told her about you and how much I enjoyed your blog b/c you write so well. Just an fyi. :-)