Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Nursery Duty

Last Saturday I met Eva in Rivergate at the Babies R Us store. There’s also one on Nolensville Road, but Rivergate is about half way between her home and mind. Five and ½ hours later, we had finally finished registering. Seriously, if it hadn’t been for her, I probably would have left the store in tears. It was so overwhelming, and she helped me so much. Thanks Eva! We choose the colors, theme, and furniture for the nursery along with all the other things I baby needs. At least, I hope that I didn’t leave anything out that a baby needs; I’ve asked a couple of moms to look at the registry to inform me about any essential I may have left out. We’ll see what their verdict is. I’ve changed quite a bit online since I did my walk-through on Saturday. I have a feeling that it may morph a bit more.

By the way, I’ve chosen sage green and antique white (cream) with baby pink accents for the nursery, and the theme is the Hundred Acre Wood/Winnie the Pooh. Chris and I went through two other themes before we settled on the last one. First, we thought we’d do an underwater theme, but it just didn’t really suit us. Next, we decided on a fairy tale theme, but I just couldn’t find exactly what I wanted for the décor. Finally, we choose the Winnie the Pooh. I seriously don’t know why we didn’t choose that one to begin with. Prior to getting married, I had always thought that I’d do the Hundred Acre Wood for my nursery. It’s amazing how much Winnie stuff you can find that has the colors I’ve chosen. It’s perfect.

The only problem with all of this is the fact that in our current living situation, we don’t have anywhere to put a baby. We do have a two bedroom apartment; however, the second bedroom, our office, has our dog crate where Bella stays while we’re away from home during the day, treadmill, computer table, my easel and painting supplies, two bookcases full of VHS movies and books, tons of random computer parts, and a plethora of other stuff that really should go in storage (if we had extra storage). There’s a small open area in the middle of the floor, and that’s about it. Though we could find some way to adjust and figure out some place to store the things, it just doesn’t feel like a welcoming place for a baby. The apartment is in need of many repairs, is very difficult to keep clean, and desperately needs new carpet. We have been house hunting for quite a while now, and we hope that something will work out for us soon.

I am so longing to begin preparations for this little one. I don’t know when nesting typically begins during pregnancy, but I would really like to be working on this now while I have some energy. The further along in the pregnancy I get, after working all day, I don’t know how much I’ll have left for home chores. I’m doing good to get a couple things done each day when I get home now. I’ll be working up until the day my baby is born, and I have a sneaking suspicion that I may go into labor at work though I hope that doesn’t happen. I would much rather be home with Chris for that particular event. Why don’t we just plan on that?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and theme!!! You're going to be such a great and creative mom!!

Christina Lael

Anonymous said...

I'm so looking forward to seeing you and your mom this Saturday!! We're going to have so much fun!!

Christina