Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Sugar and Spice

So, I haven’t posted in over a week, but last week I was on spring break and hardly went near the computer at all. It was both a restful and busy week, and there just wasn’t much to write about. However, the last couple days have been pretty exciting.

All day yesterday I had the hardest time concentrating. I was lost in the anticipation of going to have the big ultrasound. Our appointment was at three, but we had faulty directions and were lost. By the time we finally made it to the right place, I was flustered and a bit shaken. I was so nervous that they’d tell us it was too late, and we’d have to come back later. Thankfully, they were totally understanding, and within a few minutes all the paperwork was filled out, and we were in the dimly lit room watching the monitor. The lady checked every possible angle on the baby and declared that each part of our little one was developing normally and looked great. She paused for quite a while and chatted with Chris about computers and cars while I patiently waited for her to finish the examination. She was just waiting for the baby to move in order to finish checking out everything. Finally she started looking around again and confirmed that all was well. And then the time finally came for us to find out the gender. She asked me what I thought the baby was, and I replied that I thought it was a girl. She exclaimed, “Well, you’re right. It’s a girl!” I was so overwhelmed with joy that a few that I giggled and started to cry a little at the same time.

Last night, after the appointment, we meet our parents at O'Charley's for dinner. We stopped on the way there to pick up little gifts for our parents in order to break the news to them. I found little gift bags with animals on them that said "It's a boy? It's a girl? It's twins?" Inside them, I had stowed little pink bunnies, and we gave those to our moms to let them know what we were having. They opened them up at the same time to squeals of surprise and delight followed by hugs and congratulations. Of course Chris had to call his brothers right away while I phoned Eva and my sister-in-law. Everyone was thrilled with the news.

And the excitement continues….

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you guys. John and i were just talking about it last night. That's so awesome. And I'm so sorry that Old Navy didn't have a maternity section. how frustrating and that you had such a bad calf cramp. i've had those and they hurt. As you can tell, I've been catching up on your blog. Will try to keep current now. We're excited about G'burg!!!!! Can't wait for you to meet our new puppy!!! She's much smaller than Marley and will only grow to about 20lbs.

Love always!!
Christina