Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Bounce on, Baby Girl!

Have you ever listened to someone give some sort of speech and thought, "Hmmm, that sounded really insincere." Some examples are when they include the following statements: "Oh, you really didn't have to do that." "I didn't need a present; your presence is gift enough." I'm not saying that every time these things are said, the person is being false. I know I've said them myself and wholeheartedly meant them. However, there are times when the body language, facial expressions, or ton just gives a person away. There are occasions when I sit listening to people and wonder if they realize that they are betraying themselves. And then, of course, I inevitably wonder if people have thought the same thing about me, which leads me to suspect that I may be being too hard on the person I'm listening to.

Chris and I went to look at hospitals on Sunday, but we haven't made our final decision on where to have the baby. We can choose between two hospitals, and we still have to take a tour of the second one. The current plan is to take their scheduled tour Wednesday night. We'll see how that goes.
OK, on to more exciting things….

The baby has been moving so much lately. I hadn’t really felt her for a couple days, and then all of a sudden she started moving around like she was hopped up on caffeine! Last night it felt like she was literally bouncing off the sides of my stomach, and I thought it might be something like bouncing around in one of those inflatable playgrounds that people set up at carnivals. I hope she was having fun; it sure was amusing me! And Chris was able to feel her move for the first time!

While I was trying to settle down for bed last night, I wondered if she’d settle down as well so that I could fall asleep. I just talked to her while patting my baby belly, and she eventually calmed down. Then, today, while my students were taking standardized tests, I felt her kicking, and I wanted to giggle so badly. I just smiled to myself and discreetly rubbed my tummy relishing the thought of my little dancing baby and trying to calm her down a bit so I wouldn’t lose my composure.

Every time we see her on an ultrasound she’s bouncing around, and I know that we’re going to end up with a little energy ball on our hands. She’s going to keep us on our toes!

No comments: