Thursday, March 15, 2007

Babymoon

A babymoon is like a honeymoon except for the fact that the trip is taken before the big event!

I’ve been reading about them in the pregnancy magazines and books and really wanted to take one, but finding the time and resources isn’t always easy. However, we finally were able to book ours. In a couple months, Chris and I are taking our friends, John and Christina, with us to a resort in Gatlinburg for a weekend getaway. The resort was built in the last year, is beautifully decorated, and complete with indoor/outdoor pools and Jacuzzis, a spa, and a billiard room. Our setup is much like a condo with two separate bedrooms, a fireplace, full kitchen, DVD player, and a washer/dryer combination. It’s quite nice, and we can’t wait to relax with our friends, watch movies, swim, walk along the strip, and visit the aquarium. We really need a mini-vacation.

To add to my list of strange pregnancy phenomenon, lately I’ve been having the strangest, most bizarre, and disturbing dreams. Really, it’s sci/fi or horror channel kind of stuff. I could not even think of recounting even one for you here, but the baby books assure me that this is quite normal. Another strange occurrence has been the presence of random leg cramps in the middle of the night. I’m sure I gave Chris quite a fright a couple nights ago when I awoke both him and myself with hysterical screaming when I was seized by a sudden and severe calf cramp. He tried frantically to help me, and I was finally able to stand and walk around a bit in order to work it out. The feeling has lingered for the last couple days, and I plan to do lots of stretches each night before I go to bed in order to hold off these painful sleep interrupters. I suppose I didn’t have enough interrupting my sleep already!

Spring break has now officially started. I don’t have to work tomorrow, and I have all of next week off as well. Before you get too jealous, I do have a box of research papers waiting for me to grade, and I will be spending a good deal of my time trying to accomplish a little spring cleaning. However, I do plan to rest a bit and maybe even get a little sun on my pasty white winter legs. Normally, my skin would have a nice brown glow at this point in the year from weekly trips to the tanning bed. However, with my “delicate” condition, I just don’t think going to the tanning bed would be a prudent decision. Anyway, I am super excited about the change of pace and location for a week. I’ve been extremely tired as of late, and a week that affords me a little extra rest is more than a welcome respite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY SPRING BREAK!!! You deserve a break baby, after working so hard. I love you

Anonymous said...

Your babymoon sounds like a great idea!! Have fun!! When are you going?

"the day" is coming up soon! Can't wait to find out what we're waiting on!!

Anonymous said...

Just a tip to find a babymoon :
www.baby-moon.eu