Thursday, March 01, 2007

Just a Little Update

As the school year begins to wind down, I’m looking forward to my summer answering phones at the school and preparing for the baby. Hopefully, by that time, we’ll be in a new home. While this year has rushed past, we’re starting the fourth quarter, and it really starts to pick up momentum. It will be over before we know it.

It seems that I’ve been limiting my postings to once a week. With the end of the quarter closing in on me, I’ve been so busy grading papers and trying to get make up work from the twenty students who have been sick lately. I can’t remember when we’ve had so many students out all at the same time. I’m trying to stay well. Anyway, most of my “free” time is spend grading... or resting.

Most days I do pretty well getting through the school day, but by afternoon I’ve used most of my energy. Still, Chris and I decided to start walking together again last night. We did a couple miles and felt great for it. I’m so excited that we’re going to be doing this together; it’s always a wonderful opportunity to talk about serious issues or to recap our day or just to laugh together. Plus, there’s the health benefit.

On Monday, I had another checkup. It seems that everything is still going quite well. We were able to hear the heartbeat, and it sounded just like a horse galloping. Even before we heard the heartbeat, the doctor said, in observing the baby on the ultrasound monitor, “The baby’s heartbeat is strong. Look how active it is!” The baby was moving around so much – stretching, reaching, and rolling from side to side. I love the checkups because it makes everything seem more real. I can’t wait until our next appointment. We’re doing the major ultrasound with the big machine. We’ll be able to see the baby much more clearly, and we get to find out the sex of the baby! So exciting!

We’re still house hunting. We’ve been looking, off and on, since before we were married, but nothing has been quite right. For a while, we were starting to become quite discouraged, especially when so many friends and relatives were getting great houses. However, we’ve come to see that God is preparing us for the right place for us, and we need to be patient and wait on His timing. It’s difficult when I think about my growing belly and the fact that I desperately want a house in which to bring the baby home. However, it’s about trust and patience and faith. God’s working on us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you this weekend--I'm glad that you and the baby are doing so well!!!

Christina