Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekend in Review

We had a rare treat on Friday afternoon as Chris finished work about the same time I did. We decided to take ourselves to an afternoon movie and went to see Ghost Rider. Afterwards, we stopped by Bed, Bath, and Beyond to look for new pillows (which we bought but now don’t really like.) The rest of our evening, we spent having a leisurely dinner and resting.

On Saturday, Chris, Bella, and I journeyed to Pleasant View to spend the day with John, Christina, and their dog, Marley. Everyone had a friend. While John and Chris busied themselves with video games, Christina treated me to a few hours at the spa. I had a steam that I could not long endure – too hot and cramped. Afterwards, while Christina received a manicure and pedicure, I had an hour-long prenatal massage. I love the prenatal pillow they had me rest on. It had a hollowed out place in the center for my belly, and it was so comfortable! I really want one for home so that I can lie down on my stomach. I used to always fall asleep on my stomach, but that doesn’t really work now. I can still lie comfortably on my stomach, but that would not be good for the baby. Anyway, back to the spa…. After my wonderful massage, I had a quickie pedicure and manicure while Christina had her own massage. We were so relaxed afterwards that we practically floated back to her house.

When we returned to the men, they went to the grocery store for us to pick up dinner and some snacks to hold us over until then. (We have the best husbands!) Next, Christina and I watched Facing the Giants, which I highly recommend, while the men resumed their game play. After the movie, John and Christina made us steaks, corn, baby glazed carrots, and rolls. We all ate our fill and then went to the bonus room for the four of us to watch a movie together. As soon as I was reclining and all curled up with a comfy quilt and Chris as my pillow, I fell fast asleep and remained so for most of the movie. I woke up intermittently but only because of the others’ laughter and then went right back to sleep. Around nine or so, we decided to call it a day and make our way home. We felt like we’d had a mini vacation and were so grateful to our sweet friends for their hospitality.

On Sunday, Chris and I went to church, ran a few errands, and spent the afternoon at his parents’ house celebrating our sister-in-law’s birthday. His mom made a delicious lasagna and sent a couple pieces home with me for my lunch this week. After being there for about 2 ½ hours, we realized that we should have returned home after church to take care of Bella but had neglected to do so. We had to cut our time there a bit short and go home to her. She was a bit crazy and seemed very grateful to see us. The rest of the evening we spent looking through the Sunday paper (one of our favorite activities together), watching The Incredibles, and eating sandwiches for dinner. I retired early last night, around nine, as I had been feeling pretty ill all day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear you had some R&R.Lately you and Chris work all the time,which makes you tired to enjoy much of anything.
That was a sweet and generous gift you recieved from Christina.She's a lovely friend.