Thursday, May 22, 2008

A Heart Divided

My heart is full today. Very plainly, I am both mourning and rejoicing.

Mourning
- My heart aches for my friends, the Chapmans, such a sweet family, who lost their daughter last night. I simply cannot make sense of this tragic accident. My brain does not want to accept it. This is an article covering the story. There are a couple mistakes in the article, but it gives you the basic story. I really can't say much more. If I let myself feel the sadness too much right now, I don't think I'll be able to function very well. Please be praying for them and all those close to the family and are walking with them through this.

Rejoicing
-Today is my brother's birthday. I am so thankful for him. He is an amazing man - dedicated soldier, father, husband, son, brother, and friend. I admire and respect him. He has a great sense of humor. I will miss him so much when he goes to Hawaii, but I will really look forward to visiting him next summer.
-Tomorrow is my birthday. (more on that tomorrow)
-David Cook won on American Idol last night. I've been cheering for him all season. In the midst of waiting for an update last night, this proved to be a good distraction. It wasn't until the show ended that I found out the full extent of what had happened with the Chapmans.

No comments: