Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Adjustments

Life is changing. It's not abrupt but rather like a balloon ever so slowly deflating, but still things are changing. It was my last Crossover (8th grade graduation) on Sunday night; that is unless the Lord brings me back to teaching. Three of my favorite fellow teachers are leaving my school. We had a farewell/appreciation dinner for them on Monday night. So sweet, lots of tears. My brother and his family are moving to Hawaii in a couple weeks. He reminded me that Willow Grace will be three or four when they return. As of the end of the this week, I will no longer be classified as a teacher.... (I just had to pause for a moment; that's a sobering thought.)The school year is drawing to a close. I'm spent.

I feel...apprehensive, nervous, mournful, hopeful, expectant, relieved, and tired.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, we're moving IN a few years? And here, we just had all our stuff shipped today! ;) lol

What about expectING, do you feel expectING?

KayKay said...

Oops! Sorry, Laura, I fixed my error. And no, I'm not expecting, but check back with me next summer, as in 2009.