Tuesday, December 04, 2007

A Little Bit of Blah

The holiday season is in full swing, but it just hasn't really started for me yet. I love everything about Christmas: the carols, the gift giving, the festivities, the lights.... It just makes me feel an extra measure of delight and puts me in a really good mood. Usually, I put my tree up the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but that just didn't happen this year. Chris wasnt' feeling well, so we decided to put it off for the following Saturday. The problem with that is that he had to go on a business trip. So, it's still not up.

Having my home decorated for Christmas makes me feel like the magic of the season has crept inside the door and is filling the place. Our apartment feels glaringly normal to me right now. Usually I really enjoy seeing other people's homes decorated, and I still do but it's also just reminding me that mine is not. That makes me feel a bit Scroogey. But it's only a few more days. Chris will be home in a couple days, and I'm planning on putting up the tree on Friday.

Today I'm taking Willow Grace to have her picture taken with Santa. We have an appointment at Sears studio. No line. No stress. Different poses and personal time and for the same price as the mall Santa. You can't beat that. I'll be sure to post a pic of her with Santa here.

Hmmm, maybe I'll dig out my Christmas music and start playing it here, and I can put some orange peelings and cinnamon on the stove to simmer. I can start Christmas here in some ways even if the tree is not up.

1 comment:

M.K. said...

Kay -
I feel JUST as you do about Christmas, and our tree's not up yet either! It will have to be this weekend; we've just been too busy. But do put on the music, and light a candle or two. If you have an hour, bake something Christmasy. That always helps. Hope your Christmas gets into swing soon :)

Mary Kathryn